I am writing my own bootloader to read an external image stored on the
External Flash memory (of an IRIS mote)

I have my own communication protocol and hence do not want to use Deluge.
So far i have been able to store an image in a volume on the external flash
memory using ConfigStorage.
Now, in order to burn the image into the AVR, i need to read the stored
image from the external flash memory.I tried using ExtFlashC.nc (from
Deluge)  to read the external flash memory, but  was unsuccessful.
The address i pass to ExtFlash was computed by the StorageMap interface
implemented  in BlockStorageManagerP.

All i read is 0xFF from the external flash.

Please help .
Thanks for your time