I first became aware of the expression "self-hating" jew  this past
summer.Apparently it is alleged that the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu has been using this expression to describe White House officials like
Rahm Emmanuel,David Axelrod and other jewish members of the Obama
administration.The expression has also been directed to Richard Goldstone-a U,N
official. Those officials have been highly critical of Israel's settlement
polices and the treatment of the Palestinians.Whereas the SHJ expression has
political import,I am curious if it goes beyond that to include jews who oppose
implicit and explicit  judaic traditions and philosophy.
This SHJ designation would seem to parallel the "Uncle Tom" designation
directed at some blacks like Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas. I
wonder if Freud would fit into the SHJ designation.Freud wrote a piece titled
MOSES AND MONOTHEIS which was critical of the Jewish faith.It is alleged that
Freud was
irritated by his mother's frequent stops to adjust her nylon stockings. FReud's
defense mechanism of sublmation and his work CIVIZATION AND ITS DISCONTENT  had
its roots in judaic cultural traditions.

Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida