I don't see any reason not to give her the grade she earned according to your syllabus.

On Dec 19, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Dr. Bob Wildblood wrote:

I got the message below yesterday from a student who, in spite of what she says did not attend approximately 1/3 of the classes. What you see is a copy of her email without editing. My syllabus states clearly that the grade is based on the four scheduled tests (and I offer an "optional" final exam so that a student who misses a test or who wants to try to improve their grade by replacing a low grade on one of the four tests). Her grades were 49, 60, 65, and 70 and she did not take the "optional" final exam. The syllabus also says there are no extra credit opportunities. Any comments? WWYD?

"Dr. Wildblood

I know this is very late but after reviewing my grades for this semester I realized that my grade for your class, Psychology was my only grade that was below a B. I am applying to Radiology school at Mary Washington Hospital in Janurary and they willl not accept an application with a gade that i received in your class. I know that the grade reflects work that i did in your class,but i shpwed up tp class everyday and took notes and payed attention. This is my second time taking psychology because my credit from last year at UVA WISE did not transfer and i happened to have a B in that class. (go figure). Although the only thing that helped me receive that B was extra work and assigments that were given in class by the professor. I am not a good test taker as you can see. I study for the tests and think i know the information. But when i am given the test i do horrible. Is there anything i can do, an extra paper or something that i can turn in or email you that will raise my
 g!
rade to a B. i need it for Radiology school. If i need to make an appoitment and come in i am willing to do that.
thank you"

.
Robert W. Wildblood, PhD
Riverside Counseling Center and
Adjunct Psychology Faculty @
Germanna Community College
drb...@rcn.com
.
The soundest argument will produce no more conviction in an empty head than the most superficial declamation; as a feather and a guinea fall with equal velocity in a vacuum.
- Charles Caleb Colton, author and clergyman (1780-1832)
.
Be like the fountain that overflows,
not like the cistern that merely contains.
-Paulo Coelho, Brazilian Author and Lyricist
.
We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible.
- Barack Obama, President of the United States of America

Paul Brandon
10 Crown Hill Lane
Mankato, MN 56001
pkbra...@hickorytech.net