Nancy -
I'm there too.  I too have been seeking alternate arrangements.
wondering if you have any advice gleaned from the textbook route - sounds interesting.
Here the schools are 3 hours apart and pay 400 - 500 per credit (1200 - 1500 per 3 credit class).  wouldn't pay gas and parking and tolls.

Because I am there, and have seen how limited my job opportunities are and how little my teaching talent and dedication will actually impact my chances of being hired, I am dedicated to finding a satisfying alternate arrangement (textbook writing) so I don't have to depend on a system that knowingly underpays me and offers me little hope of permanent employment. I have redefined success for myself to make this more tolerable and so I am no longer held hostage to the slim hope of a full time job.

Nancy Melucci
LACCD
--- You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]