At 1:21 PM -0800 10/31/01, Payam Heidary wrote:
>Yes I would like more full-time offers which would
>make me and other part-timers FULL-TIME emloyed and
>not out of a job or have to struggle with small
>part-time incomes.

Basic economics -- the pie can only be cut so many ways.
You may wish that institutions would hire a number of fulltime faculty
equal to the number of adjuncts that they currently employ, but it ain't
gonna happen until you see students willing to pay (in large numbers) more
to go to places that don't hire adjuncts!

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *