You see, I don't see an inherent conflict between science and religion any
more than did Copernicus, Braehe, Bruno, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, Darwin,
Einstein, etc. There is a good deal of epistimological overlapping; there
is a good deal of complimenting faith and reason in both realms.  In fact,
our country's very foundation is based on this partnership with the early
18th century merging of the principles of the Enlightenment's reason and
Great Awakening's piety which set in motion currents that still flow in
our lives today:  heighten need for toleration; right of individual
choice; the resistance to established clerical and secular authority and
ruling of clerical and secular elites;  and the power of the individual to
be in control of his or her own destiny.  All of which culminated in the
Declaration of Independence which is both a religious and scientific
statement.

Make it a good day.

                                                       --Louis--

Louis Schmier                     www.therandomthoughts.com
Department of History             www.halcyon.com/arborhts/louis.html
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA  31698                           /~\        /\ /\
                        -_~    /  "If you want to climb mountains,   \ /^\
                         _ _ /      don't practice on mole hills" -    \____