Hi Jeffrey and others,
        I teach six courses a year; five of these are mostly fixed, while
one is a "wild-card" course that can be anything I want it to be.  I've
taught Peace Studies, the Psychology of Conflict, the Impact of Culture on
Everyday Life, Prejudice, and several others.  I can't tell you how much
this is meant to me over the years in terms of developing new interests and
avoiding burnout.
        On the other hand, my wife, at a nearby university, teaches the same
three courses every semester, which seems to me to be designed to maximize
burnout :)  I wonder how many of my colleagues fall into those two systems?

Joe Hatcher
Ripon College
[EMAIL PROTECTED]