I thought I saw all this on TIPS, but nothing shows up in a search.
Can anyone supply the correct details and source?:

   A classic illustration of "flashbulb memories" is "Where were
you when you heard that John F. Kennedy was assassinated?"
   A classic illustration of of a *false* "flashbulb memory" was
"I was at (or listening to a radio broadcast of) a Brooklyn
Dodgers game at Ebbets Field."  (The Dodgers had moved to Los
Angeles in 1957.)
   But then someone pointed out that the Brooklyn Dodgers *were*
still playing in Ebbets Field in 1963--the *football* Dodgers.
     --Charles
       Charles S. Harris, PhD        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       webmaster, The Nurture Assumption website:
                  http://home.att.net/~xchar/tna/