I have been forwarding the emails from my enthusiastic compadres to my
student and she's thrilled.  She responded:

>[My husband actually has] green-red colorblindness, therefore must have
dichromaticity, but he is also very nearsighted, with corrective lens he
sees quite well. What I found interesting is that when hunting, or looking
for moose up in Northern NH, he can spot animals well before anyone else he
is with. He has been the brunt of jokes because nobody believes that he sees
all that he sees. I went with him and he always had to point them out to me.
I thought it was just my being unaccustomed to looking for them, but his
brother who is also a hunter cannot find them as readily as he can. I am
amazed at how well he uses what he has. The first email made a lot of sense
to me, not being decieved by color, he focuses on motion, seems to be the
most plausible explanation to me.

(Okay, does everybody on the list love the moose reference?  This is New
Hampshire!!!)

Beth Benoit
University System of New Hampshire