OK, Now I have to put my 2 cents in:

A thought a woman winning a marathon was quite reasonable and thought nothing
of it. So when all this brou-ha-ha-ha-ha came up I checked yahoo and a quick
search showed that more marathons were won by women with Eastern European
surnames (gee is it OK to assume they are white????) than by black women.

I have always noticed black women to particular excel at the shorter
distances. I've just always "assumed" that perhaps the physical build has
something to do with it........but then again, maybe that's racist.

Anyway, this is a non-issue for me now that I have my yahoo stats to back me
up :-)

Annette

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
University of San Diego