On 22 Sep 2003, Linda M. Woolf, Ph.D. wrote:

> I doubt if it is *all* Americans. Here in the Show-Me State, we can't
> even agree on whether it is Missouree or Missoura.

I can't help but wonder what it is that we're supposed to show the
inhabitants of Missouree or Missoura, the Show-Me State. I don't
think this is a topic where it's wise to speculate. Not in polite
company anyway.

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.            tel:  (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Department of Psychology         fax:  (819) 822-9661
Bishop's  University           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Dept web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at
http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips