From: Rick Froman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 1:56 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences
Subject: RE: accountability measures

Mark:

Just returned from our Assessment committee meeting. If you are a college or university, public or private, whether you are beholden to politicians or not, outcomes assessment is a big issue among accrediting agencies. It sure was last year when we went through the process with the Higher Learning Commission (formerly known as North Central). It is also important to show that you are using your assessment to “close the loop”. In other words, that you are using your assessment reports to make changes in what you are doing to improve outcomes.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman

Associate Professor of Psychology

John Brown University