Hi Annette,

Using your word-processing program, print out a set of "wing-ding" symbols. These symbols become the new alphabet! Each of the wing-dings correspond to a letter of the alphabet.

Duplicate the wing-dings for the class.

Take a simple children's book and duplicate the story for the students.  Then have them "translate" the storybook English into wing-dingish??? It is very hard and very instructual!!

Jim

Jim Matiya
Carl Sandburg High School
131st and LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462

2003 Moffett Memorial (High School Category)

Teaching Excellence Award of the Society for

the Teaching of Psychology (Division Two of the

American Psychological Association

Lewis University. Romeoville, IL
Moraine Valley Comm. College. Palos Hills, IL
Illinois Virtual High School. Cyberspace?
>From: "Annette Taylor, Ph. D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: HELP! Need demos/activities for language lecture
>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:51:28 -0800
>

>Dear Tipsters:
>
>You have been so helpful this semester! The perception mapping responses were
>lean but extremely helpful for my colleague; the citation help is great! I will
>slightly modify the approach I was taking.
>
>Now I need more help. I teach my cognitive course on MW and I was scheduled to
>do language today and Wednesday. To my great consternation, after much tweeking
>of my lecture, I found I was able to get the whole anticipated 2-days' worth
>over today. So now I need to fill up Wednesday with meaningful activities. I
>have a few things in mind in terms of comprehension--I can do Bransford demos
>and maybe show a little Loftus pictorials. But I need to fill 1-1/2 hours and
>wouldn't mind finding something new to do/show.
>
>All ideas are welcome.
>
>Annette
>
>ps. yes, I already checked my instructor's manual from intro--usually a
>fabulous source; and I do have Tom Pusateri's slides :-)
>

>Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph. D.
>Department of Psychology
>University of San Diego
>5998 Alcala Park
>San Diego, CA 92110
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to tips as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Page a contact’s mobile phone with MSN Messenger. Get it FREE! ---