I've realized that I have reached a certain point in my life where students
who were classmates and/or friends of my daughter are now beginning to
attend my university.

I'm looking for advice about handling these students. I'm more concerned
about the difficulties that might arise should these students wind up as an
academic advisee. For those who have dealt with this, what are the best
methods for establishing appropriate boundaries with students who may have
already established a relation with you as the "volleyball mom," "best
friend's mom," or some similar role?

Thanks!

Claudia Stanny

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Associate Professor                     Web Site:  http://uwf.edu/cstanny/
Department of Psychology                Phone:  (850) 474 - 3163
University of West Florida              FAX:    (850) 857 - 6060
Pensacola, FL  32514 - 5751