I think your student doesn't understand how central to language
these areas are.  Someone with damage to Broca's area would not be
making up their own language, because they haven't just lost their
original language, they've lost the processing areas necessary for any
language.  Similarly, if someone has Wenicke's damage they're not going
to learn a new language, unless we're talking about damage occurring
quite early in life, in which case the contralateral hemisphere might do
the job.