I can identify only too well with you Carol--and I teach at a community
college so normally teach between 4 and 5! classes.  I have finally
accepted the stark reality that I need to take pictures of my students to
include on the index card with their special interests, course background.
And then I review, review, review.  It's well worth it as students so
appreciate professors who can call on them by name.  Yes, it makes day one
time-consuming but also unique to students.  They assist with the picture
taking with digital cameras from our professional growth center--having
three cameras going simultaneously.

Hope that helps,

Joan

Joan Warmbold Boggs