Scott Lilienfeld wrote:

> Paul: Perhaps, but referring to fundamentalist Christians "fundies" is
> not exactly respectful to students of that religious persuasion.

But...but...um...

Well, yes, that's correct. Mirecki was wrong to do that. So there. ;)

I just read Jimmy Carter's latest book, and the most interesting part was the
fact that he refers to himself as a fundamentalist, and at the same time
explicitly rejects those bad behaviors that we (great unwashed heathens...)
tend to associate with fundamentalism. I also notice that respect among
fundamentalists for conservation of the environment seems to have grown
recently from an odd story in the NYTimes to a genuine phenomenon. There is, it
seems, more here than meets the eye.

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee