Sorry for the belated response to your query. The fours exams in my Intro to Psych class of ~200 students are all multiple choice and I typically have students turn in 8-10 homework exercises. I don't have a regular paper requirement but usually receive about 100 journal article summaries from those students who opt out of research participation during the semester.

Linda Walsh
University of Northern Iowa
http://www.uni.edu/walsh/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jean-Marc Perreault wrote:

Hi everyone,
          I am curious to find out the "average" load given to Into Psych
students, both in terms of assignments, and exams (only MC, or development
as well).

I typically assign two papers in the first semester, and a 20-minutes oral
presentation (supported by a bibliography) in the second semester.

My exams are always a combination of MC and short-answer questions.

As I am chomping through all the marking on my desk, I am left to wonder if
this self-imposed load is representative of what is being done elsewhere.

Cheers!

Jean-Marc Perreault
Instructor, Psychology
Yukon college