I read an article many years ago where participants were given sayings by famous people (e.g.,"every generation needs a revolution" ) attributed to a credible ( like Thomas Jefferson) or non-credible source (like Lenin). Essentially subjects agreed more with the statements attributed to credible sources. I believe the author advocated a meaning change interpretation and that the author was Asch, but I'm not certain of this. I want to say the study was done before WWII.  I've tried tracking this article down before without success, so I'm ready to ask for help. Anyone recognize this reference?

TIA, Tom

Thomas Harlow, PhD
Missouri Valley College
500 E. College Ave