Dear TIPS colleagues,

I wonder if the cost of a “pay-for PsyD” is worth it. Is the entry level wage for a clinician enough to pay mightily for the huge debt accumulated for the education?

I wonder about this when I am asked to write letters of recommendation for good students who are willing to go the PsyD route because they don’t want to compete for acceptance into a program that grants the PhD. They are concerned about the odds. (Oh yeah, they also don’t want to do any more research than absolutely necessary…) I also wonder when the more “average” folks try for a PsyD program.

Yours,

Mary