But they want to "help people"! How can we deny them their humanitarian desires?

Of course, I tell students who are mediocre and want to graduate school so they
can help people to become real estate agents. Just think: they help people
going through a difficult transition in their lives, they don't have to waste
all that time and money on gradute school, AND they can really rake in the
bucks.

Well, I've wasted my second post of the day on this lame opinion.

Annette

Quoting Mary Devitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dear TIPS colleagues,

I wonder if the cost of a "pay-for PsyD" is worth it. Is the entry level
wage for a clinician enough to pay mightily for the huge debt accumulated
for the education?

I wonder about this when I am asked to write letters of recommendation for
good students who are willing to go the PsyD route because they don't want
to compete for acceptance into a program that grants the PhD. They are
concerned about the odds. (Oh yeah, they also don't want to do any more
research than absolutely necessary.) I also wonder when the more "average"
folks try for a PsyD program.

Yours,

Mary

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph. D.