Scott Lilienfeld wrote:

So Chris Green is correct that the Psy.D. is an advanced practitioner's degree. But a Psy.D. ostensibly is more than a technician. He or she is supposed to be a scholar first and foremost,

Perhaps we're debating ideals vs. realitites, but it seems pretty clear to me that anyone who gets a PsyD does so precisely because they want to a clinician, rather than a scholar, first and foremost. (Not that one couldn't be both, but many have no interest in being both, even within clinical PHD programs.)
Regards,
--
Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology