On 29 Mar 2006 at 9:30, Christopher D. Green wrote:

>     So, what to believe? Here's Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, quoted on the
> Wall Street Journal: "It's hardly true we're as good as Britannica."  Wales
> said he was pleased that Nature focused on science "because on history and
> the social sciences, we're much weaker." Ah, but for computer  science and
> the history of Star Trek, said Wales, "Wikipedia is way better."
> Funny, I think I said that at the time. Yes, indeed, here it is:

Yeah, but if you want to know about Star Trek history, who ya gonna call?

I'm being facetious, of course. I can't help but notice the increasing number
of respectable
sources which cite Wikipedia. I should start keeping a list. Agreed, though,
that we should
encourage students to keep their hands off encyclopedias, of whatever kind, if
they want to
impress their profs with their brilliance.

Stephen
Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Bishop's  University
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7

Dept web page: www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at:
 faculty.frostburg.edu/psyc/southerly/tips/index.htm