From: Michael Sylvester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 09-Jul-05 11:12 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Re: Canada vs.U.S

        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Christopher D. Green <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
<mailto:tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
        Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 9:31 PM

        I assume Michael's rude remarks are just a lure, but I'll bite.

        Albert Bandura is from British Columbia.
        Donald Hebb was from Nova Scotia and spent most of his career at McGill.
        Dalbir Bindra's career was at McGill
        Brenda Milner did her grad work at McGill and has spent her career
there.
        Ron Melzak's career has been spent at McGill.

        James Mark Baldwin's first major position was at Toronto.
        Endel Tulving, Gus Craik, Bob Lockhart, and Ben Murdoch were all at
Toronto at the same time. Dan Schacter was one of Tulving's students.

        I'm sure Stephen, Stuart, and others can come up with a few more.

        The aforementioned guys only provided collaborative studies: Bandura
attempt to show TV influenced subsequent aggressive behavior was challengedThat
came from the frustration-aggression hypothesis which was met with scepticism.
        -- Donald Hebb,the cell assembly dude,was a speculative theorist.Cell
assemblies did not exist.
        -It was always Olds and Milner.
        Pain killers like Oxycontin challenges Melzack.
        Tulving and Craik (Human learning /Verbal learning )dudes created more
confusion than Ebbinghaus.One of those  guys thought that the TOT-Tip of the
tongue
        was evidence that info stored had physiological parameters,
        I will give Hans Selye credit for the
GAS-Alarm,Resistance,exhaustion.But that is about it.

        Michael Sylvester,PhD
        Daytona Beach,Florida

<<winmail.dat>>