From: DeVolder Carol L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:39 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Re: states of consciousness

This is my favorite line from James's well-known article:  "There are no
differences but differences of degree between different degrees of
difference and no difference."
My guess is that there are a lot of people who regularly use
mind-altering substances who would think this is quite profound.
Carol

http://acsun.frostburg.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=tips&text_mode=0&lang=
english