I have 4 semester exams and a comprehensive final.  Students may drop
their lowest exam but must take all 5 exams to do so.  This leads to "A"
students who have no incentive to study for the final but must show up
and take the final.  Not surprisingly they still do very well.  I have
mixed feelings on dropping exams scores but this system seems to work
well in PSYC 101 as it puts the students at ease.  The one draw back is
that if students don't do well on the first exam they wait until they do
poorly on exam 2 before seeking help.

Doug

Doug Peterson, PhD

Director of University Honors