From: "Jablonski, Jessica" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent 6/3/2007 6:42:15 PM
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Subject: [tips] Activities Social Psychology

Hello All,

I have searched the internet for class activities to use in my social psychology class. I am writing to the list to see if any of you may have suggestions on activities you use in your classes. I am looking for applied learning examples, either in-class activities or homework assignments, particularly on the following concepts, although I welcome others as well:

-spotlight effect
-illusion of transparency
-self-serving attributions
-priming
-belief perseverance
-representativeness heuristic
-illusory correlation
-fundamental attribution error
-self-fulfilling prophecy
-mere exposure effect
-examples of attitudes not predicting one's behaviors

PS: I am always looking for additional applied activities to use in my Intro Psychology Class so if any good ones you have used come to mind, I'd appreciate learning about those as well.

Jessica Jablonski, Psy.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My Website on Grad Study in Psych: http://home.comcast.net/~jpsyd/graduate.htm

http://acsun.frostburg.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=tips&text_mode=0〈=english