Not sure which poster you saw but here are some text examples

Aoccdrnig to a  rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers  in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht first
and
last ltteer is at the  rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can
still raed it wouthit  porbelm. This is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by
it slef but the wrod as  a wlohe. ceehiro.
Randomising letters in  the middle of words [has] little or no effect on the
ability of skilled readers  to understand the text. This is easy to
denmtrasote. In a pubiltacion of New  Scnieitst you could ramdinose all the
letetrs,
keipeng the first two and last  two the same, and reibadailty would hadrly be
aftcfeed. My ansaylis did not come  to much beucase the thoery at the time was
for shape and senqeuce retigcionon.  Saberi's work sugsegts we may have some
pofrweul palrlael prsooscers at work.  The resaon for this is suerly that
idnetiyfing coentnt by paarllel prseocsing  speeds up regnicoiton. We only need
the
first and last two letetrs to spot  chganes in meniang.
And one that seems to  disprove the idea:
Recrsheears souhld csrncotut secntnees  unisg olny wodrs edxcieneg terhe
lttrees. This wlil psoe seevral polrbems  beaucse wwreell-ittn Esglinh sluohd
nlurtaaly cointan mnay sorht wrdos iunidnlcg  pvrn-eborses, gtienvie csaes,
cncoeinvets and (howpos) penrpsoitois, aongmst  many ohtres. Lnoegr wrods
soluhd
povre useufl when tteinsg this ieda.  Fatiensnredg wdors dviorecd form hplfeul
cnotext mhgit aslo mkae fnie cidenadats  for (siht) iiulsocnn. Eelhapnt.
Preorpritay. Mainargl. Avtrinmdatiise. Boyend.  Caainnbl. Wree tsohe tcekriir
tahn
tpyical sentecens? Ppostecirve linigusts wlil  find csnuotntrcig w-llromefed,
ativce senetcens fere form tohse mnay hfepull  sroht wrods raehtr dcffiuilt.
This txet semes edecnive eonguh of (carp) taht  ponit. Neevretslhes, linigstus
slohud sitrve twoards this gaol. Cvioncning  sitedus msut searapte ecah slaml
wdor’s cepvidnino-troxtg rloe form the (admn)  sipecfic ieda taht praticular
otparhghiroc tosntrianipsos gaurantee taht sesne  wlil reiman eevn toughh
itrnael
snbairmclg occrus. Fanlily dleabielrty  minlaaitpnug sacmrbled lteter order
sohlud mkae tihngs eevn more duffiilct.  Raeeedrs wlil fnid wdros with vbres or
(fcuk) cooatsnnns aaenrrgd ceiuoesctlnvy  mkae uiansmnrbclg more dcffliiut.
Steven Hall
Butte community College, California