I'm sure that some of you are more up to date than I am about
subliminal conditioning, but as I recall, the effects are real but
small.
That is, the ads can increase the likelihood of an existing behavior
(make you slightly more likely to eat popcorn if you habitually do
so) measurably ( but not necessarily significantly at the individual
level) but not get you to do something you don't normally do (eat
popcorn if you normally prefer pretzels).

--
The best argument against Intelligent Design is that fact that
people believe in it.

* PAUL K. BRANDON                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept               Minnesota State University  *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001     ph 507-389-6217  *
*             http://krypton.mnsu.edu/~pkbrando/            *