Joan Warmbold wrote:
> The SCIENCE of behaviorism came from Skinner, not Watson.  Watson gave us
> the behaviorist perspective but proceeded to make quite wild and
> non-empirical statements about the power of the environment that are
> quoted to this day by anti-behaviorists.

That all depends on what counts as "science." Hull and Tolman (among
others) were around between Watson and Skinner. Do they not count as
"scientists"?

Some have argued that Skinner's professed rejection of "theory" shows
that he was really after a "technology of behavior" rather than a
"science of behavior."

Skinner himself was hardly immune to making "quite wild and
non-empirical statements about the power of the environment." I give you
_Beyond Freedom and Dignity_.

All things to consider when tossing around big terms like "science."

Regards,
Chris
--
Christopher D. Green