Let me chime in with another perspective and that is, is it possible that
we only develop our brain to 10% (or so) of it's potential.  That is,
infants' brains have billions of dendrites ready to establish connections
but, with disuse, the dendrites are pruned away.  Considering that most of
us weren't given the ideal level of stimulation/challenges in our early
years, then maybe much of our potential brain fell to the wayside, much as
the occipital lobe does in a person who is blind.

Joan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]