I thought "manhole" covers were in the street because of the sewers, and the
workers needed access. Today the covers are being stolen and sold for scrap
metal.

When I was younger, and learning to drive. They provided a reference point to
begin making a turn onto another street.  I guess my driver's ed teacher didn't
think I was learning how to turn properly?

Jim
Jim Matiya
Florida Gulf Coast University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Contributor, for Karen Huffman's Psychology in Action, Video Guest Lecturettes
John Wiley and Sons.

Using David Myers' texts for AP Psychology? Go to
http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/cppsych/
High School Psychology and Advanced Psychology Graphic Organizers,
Pacing Guides, and Daily Lesson Plans archived at www.Teaching-Point.net> Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:18:29 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
tips@acsun.frostburg.edu> Subject: Re: [tips] A bit off topic> > Because many I
have encountered here in the midwest u.s. have "Neenah" embossed on them, I
just assumed they were honoring my place of birth. I grew up breathing air from
the iron factory where many were made--cough, cough. Ahh ideas of
self-reference.> If they are laid down properly they should not be a problem
for traffic. There are also drains on the curbs where I used to find coins and
all sorts of fun things as a kid...but then those were different days. gary > >
Gerald L. (Gary) Peterson, Ph.D.> Professor, Psychology> Saginaw Valley State
University> University Center, MI 48710> 989-964-4491> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >
---> To make changes to your subscription contact:> > Bill Southerly ([EMAIL
PROTECTED])