There are companies that specialize in these machines. There are manual
types in which the operator does the page turning, but everything else is
handled by the machine. They can obtain speeds of 500 pages/hour and more.

http://www.atiz.com/

Robotic page turners that automate the entire process, getting speeds over
2000 pages/hour.

http://www.treventus.com/bookscanner_pageturner.html

--
Paul Bernhardt