At some point in my grad education, I was taught that providing a target was very helpful when toliet training people with DD-diagnosis.

Ken

Beth Benoit wrote:
An article appeared in today's New York Times about the psychology of "nudges" that begins with how the image of a fly was etched into urinals in the men's room in the Amsterdam airport and proved to lower "spillage." Apparently men did a better job when they had something at which to aim. Other "nudgings" are discussed as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/08/business/08nudge.html

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University New Hampshire