I teach AP Psych in high school and have never had this issue.   Students may
be concerned that they aren't doing as well as they would like and  they say
the exams are hard, but they know they need to learn the material to do  well
and they universally report on my anonymous semester evaluations that I am
fair.  A possible explanation for this is that, in NY,  students take regents
exams (statewide exams prepared by the Board of Regents of  the state dept. of
education) in most subjects, so the mind set from the  beginning of high school
is that you need to learn the information to do well on  the regents, which
probably carries over to all the other classes.

Riki Koenigsberg
rikikoe...@aol.com

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)