One result in the NSSE report is:
"Seniors who transferred to their current institution were less engaged
on four out of five benchmarks."

These are students who were not retained at their original institutions.
This result seems to point to a "less engaged" student personality
factor more than to a rejection of non-engaging professors at the
original institution leading to transfer.

The NSSE report speculates:
"Perhaps transfer students missed out on some early experiences in their
college career that facilitate engagement and connection with the
institution."

I don't see how that conclusion is more supported than a personality
conclusion from these data.

Bill Scott

>>> <tay...@sandiego.edu> 03/08/09 9:07 PM >>>
You can find the 2008 complete report of the NSSE at
http://nsse.iub.edu/NSSE_2008_Results/docs/withhold/NSSE2008_Results_revised_11-14-2008.pdf

And it's free! What a treat.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, .D.