From: Leah Adams-Curtis [mailto:ladamscur...@icc.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 9:05 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] New cheating technique: the corrupted file.

There is a way to check Word files to determine their creation and last edit
date.  In Word 2007, go to the home button and choose prepare, then choose
properties, then choose advanced properties at the drop down menu, then click
on statistics, you will see both the creation and the last edit date.

In Word 2003 choose  File, properties, and then choose statistics.  Again you
will see the creation and edit dates.  Unfortunately, we have caught several
late assignments at our institution using this method.  We always clearly tell
students to NOT open or save the document that they claim has been completed on
time.

Leah

Leah E. Adams-Curtis, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Social Sciences