According to *Critical Thinking in Psychology*, by Ruscio,
"... legal enforcement actions against General Nutrition Center (GNC) are so
routine that the company appears to consider such actions simply a part of
its operating expenses.  General Nutrition Center has been censured by the
FDA and the Federal Trade Commission roughly once each year over the past 30
years.  In a 1994 FTC case, for example, GNC agreed to pay $2.4 million to
settle false advertising charges involving 41 products."

--
Rick Stevens
Psychology Department