On one of the islands in the Pacific cows began heading to the food  areas  at
an unusual time.Apparently,the eclypse
minimized the environmental light.The cows said to each other "Hey dude,it is
getting dark.So let us go eat.Mooooooo!." This  does illustrate the impact of
environmental factors in affecting biological rhythms.
As a matter a fact,I had a colleague who would trick birds in believing that it
was winter(although it was actually summertime in Manitoba)  and the birds
began fixed action patterns to fly south to Florida. I will be awaiting the
next solar eclypse and observe bahavior.

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida