���On 30 August 2009 Stuart McKelvie wrote:
>All AE did was to make a reasonable request for a citation
>for MS's claim, for how can we debate a claim unless we
>know that it has been made?

>So I politely repeat Alan's request:

>Michael: Who has made the claim about major and minor
>theories and approaches (besides yourself in the posting)?

status to theories emanating in Europe most of them Jewish and minor to
those emanating outside of Europe", I also asked who is doing the
"allocating".

I presume it is the ubiquitous "they" (details to be filled in
according to one's prejudices).

Allen Esterso
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
http://www.esterson.org

Re: [tips] Determining major and minor

michael sylvester
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:12:13 -0700
>Michael, supposing what you have "noted" is in fact the case,
>please tell us who is doing the "allocating".
>Allen Esterson

Allen: One does need a weatherman to "note" which way the wind is
blowing.

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida
RE: [tips] Determining major and minor

Stuart McKelvie
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:30:05 -0700
Dear Tipsters,

While I heartily approve of MS quoting a Dylan
  line ("You don't need a
weather
man to know which way the wind blows"), it is disheartening to see that
his
"pithy" comment undercuts our academic debate.

All AE did was to make a reasonable request for a citation for MS's
claim, for
how can we debate a claim unless we know that it has been made?

So I politely repeat Alan's request:

Michael: Who has made the claim about major and minor theories and
approaches
(besides yourself in the posting)?

Sincerely,

Stuart

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402
Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661
Bishop's University,
2600 rue College,
Sherbrooke,
Québec J1M 201Z7,