But what do we do now about your other post, drawing our
attention to research claiming that candy rewards lead to violent
crime? Does reward solve societal problems or create them?
Psychology is just so darn confusing!

(Moore, et al (2009). Confectionery consumption in childhood
and adult violence. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 195, 366--)

Stephen

I do not buy all of it. If confectionery is correlated with some degree of violence it is probably due to the high fructose corn syrup in those products;Consumption of corn leads to aggression. British toffees (more likely to contain cane sugar) do not seem to produce such results. As the unchallenged cross-cultural dude on Tips,one aspect of fun that exists in the West is
sarcasm.In Latin America,it appears that sarcasm does not exist.

Michael(omnicentric) Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida