Not that I've ever read.  The only gender differences I know of with respect to
rod & cones has to do with sex-linked color anomalous observers ("red-green
color blindness").

I think girl eyes and boy eyes are pretty much the same.

> (2) Is there a "purpose" to having different eye and hair color?

We could probably make up just-so stories, but both have mostly to do with the
amount of melanin you've got.  I think skin color and hair color are the result
of a few genes, and eye color even more.  Evolutionarily people have argued
that darker skin (more melanin) is protective against UV damage, and lighter
skin in less-sunny environments would facilitate the production of vitamin D.
Eye color is likey a by-product of those.

But I'm making this up.

> (3) Can sleep deprivation or a high fever "cause" visual
> hallucinations?

It might be that REM deprivation can cause hallucinations (one of the
hypotheses about hallucinations in acute alcohol withdrawal is that it's waking
"dreams").  Here's something about Parkinson's, hallucinations, and REM
deprivation.
http://www.websciences.org/cftemplate/NAPS/archives/indiv.cfm?ID=20032852

Not sure about general sleep dep, but they'd be correlated...

And I think fevers could, but do not know what the mechanisms would be.
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/hallucinations.htm

> (4) Eye separation in birds, camelleons and rabbits? Gosh I
> don't remember the exact student question; that was all I had
> time to jot down. Drat. Maybe it will mean something to
> someone on the list....

Visual suppression is the answer, if I can infer the question....  Cover one
eye with your hand and look around; eventually you'll stop noticing your hand
and will use info from the unoccluded eye.  Chances are chameleons and rabbits
and some (many birds have very good binocular vision) birds do a lot of
suppression of the info from one eye.

Now, back to doing reports....  Augh.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.