Please, please, please Bill, TIPS moderator, see this as one last example of
why this guy needs to be removed from this list.  I know the current extinction
strategy is in place, and I know Bill's comittment over the years to free
speech, but there is no real value of this person to the teaching of psychology
list, other than bringing up controversial issues to respond to.  I have seen
this and been part of this list since it began, and more good people have left
the list because of him that have joined, and I have resisted responding, but
there is so much good a list like this can do to have someone who has time on
his hands ruin.  We all know I think that his examples of questions "A student
asked me this....... another faculty member did this..." are all made up.  We
saw earlier that his "adjunct" status to a bunch of colleges was not true or
exaggerated, so come on.  We've got great people on this list with great minds
and ideas, let's bring it to that level, rather than have it whither because of
someone who is interested, imho, of reading his own posts and responses.  This
is the only list of its kind in our field, and I've hated to see it continue to
deteriorate.

  Ed: your vague premonitions of disaster if i continue on the list is not
justified.Who are the brilliant minds on the list?
          Btw,why have you not been responding to my more serious posts? I
think that we refer  to your focus on the oddities as "selective perception".As
a matter of fact your assumption that you can get others on the list to agree
with you reminds me of the Solomon Asch experiment. Let me assure you that my
ideas are more relevant to real psychology and not just the Eurocentric
paradigm.I am the only brilliant mind on Tips.

  Michael"omnicentric"Sylvester,PhD
  Daytona Beach,Florida