A limerick for Fechner and psychoacousticians everywhere

(not mine - sorry I no longer have the source!)

A unit superb is the decibel

For matters that seem inexpressible.

Don't fudge or befog 'em,

Just simply 10 log 'em.

Psychoacousticians can be so irrepressible!

Happy Fechner Day!

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.

Director, Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment

Associate Professor, Psychology

University of West Florida

Pensacola, FL  32514 - 5751

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 or  473-7435