I asked:

> As reported just recently on _The Chronicle of Higher
> Education_ (which got it from another source), Google searches
> for a particular word peak each year at exactly this time.
>
> What is the word?

I was hoping that someone would say "turkey" or "Thankgiving"
and Beth obliged. Nope, not it. If respondents were super-logical
they would realize that people wouldn't search for a word they
know, they would search for a word they don't know.

And the word is....

Go to http://tinyurl.com/ycex6rx whereupon all should become
clear if you click on the link there. And if not, I'll be happy to
oblige or, actually I already did, way back in 2002, if you can
believe, at http://tinyurl.com/ydl5hkf

For the real deal on the Google trend, see:
http://tinyurl.com/yjhbq2g

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Bishop's University