If I am not mistaken, I believe Marie Helweg-Larsen has just posted a
"worm" to the list, just after I saw the same thing happen on another
list.

For once, I believe this is not a hoax. If anyone executes this
programme, possibly even by opening it as an attachment, it will then
infect the computer and then be passed on to others.

I received the following instructions for dealing with it:

See details on the worm and link to instructions on disinfection at
http://www.msnbc.com/news/235662.asp

Note that your computer will be infected only if you actually execute
the happy99.exe file (not if you only read the email), and only if
your computer is running Windows.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy