> If I am not mistaken, I believe Marie Helweg-Larsen has just posted a
> "worm" to the list, just after I saw the same thing happen on another
> list.
> For once, I believe this is not a hoax. If anyone executes this
> programme, possibly even by opening it as an attachment, it will then
> infect the computer and then be passed on to others.
> See details on the worm and link to instructions on disinfection at
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/235662.asp
> Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470

I wish I would have read your post about 5 minutes earlier Stephen.
I was a victim of this, but Stephen's url didn't work for me.
The one that did:
        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html

Wow, was it annoying!

Dave

David J. Bennett Ph.D.        Voice: 617/521-2603
Department of Psychology   Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Simmons College
300 The Fenway                               ObQuote:
Boston, MA  02115          "Life does not cease to be funny when people
FAX: 617-521-3086         die any more than it ceases to be serious when
                                          people laugh."
                                                            -George Bernard
Shaw