Although this is only partially related to your question, a recent article
on the relationship between various "training" measures and scores on the
Examination for Professional Prctice in Psychology (EPPP) Test found that
attending a Ph.D. program tended to result in higher EPPP scores than
attending a Psy.D. program. Similarly, attending a major research
institution was associated with higher scores than not attending one.

Source:

Templer & Tomeo (1998). Examination for Professional Practice in
Psychology: Clerical errors corrected but inferences unchanged.
Psychological Science, 9, 241-242.

At 01:39 PM 3/22/1999 EST, you wrote:
>Tipsters,
>
>I am in need of assistance.  A number of students looking toward Grad school
>have been asking me about the difference between a Clinical, Ph.D.,
Counseling
>Ph.D., Psy.D. and LCSW.  Their goals are to "help people."
>
>Quite honestly, though I was once sure of the distinctions as they pertain to
>training and licensure, I am currently at a loss.  Particularly with respect
>to Clinical, Counseling and Psy.D.
>
>1)  What is the difference in the training?
>
>2)  What are the effects on practicing?
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>
>RJ

Mark A. Casteel, Ph.D.