> Just curious...why would anyone get on national television and divulge
> confidential information?  It's not like this is one of those "I don't
> know where to draw the line" sort of things.  It was such an obvious
> breach of professional ethics that I don't get it.  Does anyone know if
> she ever explained why she did this?
> Susan Howell

Speaking of obvious breaches of professional ethics. . .
This is a bit of a digression, but Susan's post brought it to mind. The
other night I was watching television and found myself watching "Jesse."
It's one of those awful 'sitcommy things' but that's not the point. One of
the main characters was taking a night class and her teacher asked her out
on a date, which she accepted. AND another main character IS a teacher and
on the same day he asked a student out on a date, which she accepted.
Besides the lack of hilarity that soon followed, this made me wonder. . .
Is this the public's perception of acceptable teacher/student
relationships? I can't imagine I was the only one watching this thinking .
. . "wait a minute. . ."  But it seems to me, at least in the minds of the
writers and producers of this television show, that this behavior is
mainstream enough to serve as a plot device.

Does anybody else have a problem with this?

Smoothing down the hairs on the back of my neck,
Dave

P.S. But then again, it was on TV, so maybe Dan Quayle will make it part of
his platform.

David J. Bennett Ph.D.        Voice: 617/521-2603
Department of Psychology   Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Simmons College
300 The Fenway                               ObQuote:
Boston, MA  02115          "Life does not cease to be funny when people
FAX: 617-521-3086         die any more than it ceases to be serious when
                                          people laugh."
                                                            -George Bernard
Shaw