I got this from a colleague today.  I've seen a variation of this list before, but I
saw a few new items in this one and I thought some of you might find it
interesting/useful .... funny?

> [...]
>
>6. They were 11 when the Soviet Union broke apart and do not remember
>the
>Cold War.
>
>7. They have never feared a nuclear war. "The Day After" is a pill to
>them, not a movie.
>
>8. They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up, and
>Tiananmen
>Square means nothing to them.
>
>9. Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
>
>10. They never had a Polio shot, and likely do not know what it is.
>
>11. Bottle caps have not only always been screw off, but have always
>been
>plastic. They have no idea what a pull-top can looks like.
>
>12. Atari pre-dates them, as do vinyl albums.
>
>13. The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to
>them.
>
>14. They have never owned a record player.
>
>15. They have likely never played Pac Man and have never heard of Pong.
>
>16. Star Wars looks very fake to them, and the special effects are
>pathetic.
>
>17. There have always been red M&Ms, and blue ones are not new. What do
>you mean there used to be beige ones?
>
>18. They may have heard of an 8-track, but chances are they probably
>never have actually seen or heard one.
>
>19. The Compact Disc was introduced when they were 1 year old.
>
>20. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents.
>
>21. They have always had an answering machine.
>
>22. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels, nor have they
>seen a black-and-white TV.
>
>23. They have always had cable.
>
>24. There have always been VCRs, but they have no idea what BETA is.
>
>25. They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
>
>26. They were born the year that Walkmen were introduced by Sony.
>
>27. Roller-skating has always meant inline for them.
>
>28. The Tonight Show has always been with Jay Leno.
>
>29. They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
>
>30. Popcorn has always been cooked in a microwave.
>
>31. They have never seen Larry Bird play, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a
>football player.
>
>32. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
>
>33. The Vietnam War is as ancient history to them as WWI, WWII, or even
>the Civil War.
>
>34. They have no idea that Americans were ever held hostage in Iran.
>

>35. They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
>
>36. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
>
>37. They never heard the terms: "Where's the beef?", "I'd walk a mile
>for
>a Camel," or "de plane, de plane!"
>
>38. They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who J.R. is.
>
>39. The Titanic was found? I thought we always knew where it was.
>
>40. Michael Jackson has always been white.
>
>41. Kansas, Chicago, Boston, America, and Alabama are places, not
>groups.
>
>42. McDonald's never came in styrofoam containers.

Miguel Roig, Ph.D.                      Voice: (718) 390-4513
Assoc. Prof. of Psychology      Fax: (718) 442-3612
Division of Social Sciences             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
St. John's University                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
300 Howard Avenue                       http://rdz.stjohns.edu/~roig
Staten Island, NY 10301